We believe in the power of girls to effect change. It is not enough to celebrate “girl power” without also providing examples of strength. We can’t tell girls they can change the world without equipping them to take on the task. If we encourage young girls to dream big, we must provide direction and skills to help them make those dreams a reality. Girls don't feel like they have the power to overcome the obstacles they can so easily name.
Across the globe, more girls are in the classroom, but they continue to be the lesser-paid, lesser-hired and lesser-appreciated members of society as they seek to join the workforce.
Girls are being told over and over they can make a difference in their world. But they're also confronted with realities in their families, communities and countries challenging that ideal. If girls are going to succeed in their life and career goals, they must be provided with guidance, training and resources. That’s why we've launched Girl Code to help prepare girls for success.
Strength In Collaboration
In Partnership with Glitter Box, Girl Code is developing world-class training and leadership initiatives for young women to serve as mentors in the areas of leadership, mental health, nutrition, and environmental stewardship. Girl Code’s mission is to inspire teenage girls to develop and build a daily habit of self-promotion, self-esteem and empowerment.
We have joined forces with Glitter Box which is an organization run for and by women in the French Quarter of New Orleans, LA. Glitter Box is the perfect partner since the Glitter Box showcases female artists and makers, hosting workshops, and supporting social justice groups. Glitter Box aims to build empowerment for women in a space of celebration and community action within the city of New Orleans and beyond.
Are you in for the challenge?
Become a sponsor, mentor or mentee with Girl Code. Contact us if you want to join a team of change makers. Want to inspire – lead by example. Join us in making a difference in the lives of young girls in our community.
Take the Challenge and help Girl Code uplift and inspire girls in our community. Here is what you can do to help:
- Join us as we Encourage girls to pursue their career goals
- Help us to Teach girls how to set goals and overcome setbacks
- Help us to Connect girls with role models and mentors
- Make a commitment and Sponsor, donate to help support girls financially so they have the funds to pursue their dreams
- Post a motivational and inspirational message to women who are working hard to make a better life for themselves and their families.
- Raise awareness by posting facts about the importance of women's education on social media!
- Donate your time (speak at one of our seminars), money and gifts (backpacks, gift cards, bus tokens, feminine items, school supplies, etc.) to help girls achieve their educational goals, reach economic empowerment, escape the restraints of violence, poverty, and abuse, and live their dreams!
Check the stats
1 in 3 women have been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in their lifetime
1 in 4 high school-age girls in the United States does not graduate
Of single mothers under the age of 30, only 7% have finished college nationwide
Around the world, 150 million girls under the age of 18 are victims of sexual violence each year